Re: camels and bananas, for some reason.

At 02:21 PM 10/5/98 +0200, Raccoon wrote:
>On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Reeza! wrote:

>> >carry
>> camel
>>
>> Are we stipulating that the camel will travel in a straight line?
>> Or will it meander a bit, following the path of least resistanct through
>> the dunes?
>
>Since we are looking for the best possible result (=the most bananans
>moved to the other side), we must assume that the path of least resistance
>equals a straight line. This may be improbable, but it is not impossible!
>Remember that this is maths, and that we're looking for the best possible
>limit.

No, this isn't maths, this is camels, and they'll give you as much
resistance as they feel like, and *you* may be looking for the most
bananas moved across the desert, but the camel's perfectly happy to
sit here and eat all the bananas here, crossing 0 miles of desert,
or dump you 50 miles out in the desert and come back and eat the
bananas.

But other than the PERL book, what's it got to do with cypherpunks?
Just that bananas are related to Bill Clinton?

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, [email protected]