Re: propose: `cypherpunks license' (Re: Wanted: Twofish source code)

>This might seem like a paradox: you give people "more freedom", but
>they end up with less.  How can that be?  It has to do with stretching
>the word "freedom" to include the ability to control other people.
>That kind of "freedom" tends to leave other people with less freedom.
>What happened with the X Window System illustrates this unambiguously
>(see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/x.html).

This assumes that writing and selling proprietary software is 'the ability
control other people'.  I fail to see why this would be the case.  Free
software
is a good thing, but people *choose* to accept the restrictions of non-free
software for any number of reasons.  I do not see anyone being coerced into
using it by threat of physical force.

regards,
-Blake (who prefers markets to religions, even with software)