Re: Censored news topic censored ...

Interesting. Back to you, Ernest.
--mark--

At 1:13 PM -0700 10/22/98, Ernest Hua wrote:
>Dear TOTN at NPR,
>
>This is most distressing.  I was one of the very first
>callers to your Talk of the Nation show today whose
>topic was relevant news reporting in the US.  My topic
>was the lack of reporting on the FBI's last minute
>sneak of the roving wire tap proposal into the
>intelligence budget bill.  I wanted Ray to talk about
>the editorial process and how these things get dropped
>on the floor as this item is extremely important to
>our democracy because it is an agency charged with
>protecting our Constitutional rights (the FBI) who is
>deliberately circumventing the democratic legislative
>process to pass a law which was sounded defeated two
>years ago in open debate.
>
>Ironically, my topic was censored, and I waited an
>hour, while other people wanted to discuss things
>like how they can vent about their divorce
>difficulties through the Monica Lewinsky scandal, only
>to be dropped in the end.
>
>Would any of the NPR staff or Mr. Suarez would like
>to explain just what happened here?
>
>Ern
>
>--------
>Ernest Hua, TeraLogic Inc, 1300 Villa St, Mountain View, CA 94041
>(650) 526-6064, [email protected]

         Infonex Internet,  Inc.   Mark Hedges,  VP
         8415 La Mesa Bl. Ste. 3   Phn 619-667-7969
         La Mesa, CA  91941  USA   Fax 619-667-7966

      "...the scholar has lived in many times and is
       therefore in some degree immune from the great
       cataract of nonsense that pours from the press
       and the microphone of his own age." C.S. Lewis