looking for articles (fwd)

Forwarded message:

> Date: 	Tue, 27 Oct 1998 18:13:14 -0500 (EST)
> From: Homayoun Saleh <[email protected]>
> Subject: looking for articles

> 	I am looking for any articles or papers having to do with the
> computability of Poisson distributions in the plane, and someone suggested
> I ask this list. If anyone knows of anything related, or where else
> I should be looking, please let me know.
> Thanks a lot.

Not sure it's what you're looking for but:

Statistical Distributions
M. Evans, N. Hastings, B. Peacock
ISBN 0-471-55951-2

It's got around 40 different distributions and their related equations and
characteristics. There is also an appendix that lists the various
distributions and the functions in several computational math programs (go
MapleV !)...

Now if you're looking for various approaches to how to impliment it then I
can't help you there, I cookbook that sort of stuff out of my library.

Have you tried Knuth?

       To know what is right and not to do it is the worst cowardice.

                                                     Confucius

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      [email protected]