Re: Electric power generators ?

You're talking about the wired.com article I wrote.

I carefully did not say there is a "shortage" of generators, diesel or
otherwise -- that's your own misreading of it.

I did say that the largest U.S. distributor of diesel generators has half
year delays on the most popular model. Same with bulk food suppliers like
Walton's. Solar power companies also report vastly increased demand.

You can buy cheaper gasoline generators at Home Depot, but there are
reasons people want to pay three or four times as much for a diesel model.
These differences and the other answers to your questions have been
well-documented elsewhere; I'm not inclined to list them for you here,
though others might be.

-Declan