Re: A tad more on Goldbach's...

At 5:03 PM -0800 11/23/98, Jim Choate wrote:
>I figure I'll drop a couple of more points on this since nobody else seems to
>have twigged to them....

Your reputation capital has already dropped so many points that I'm not
sure you _can_ drop a couple of more points.

Please take your bizarre theories about Goldbach's Conjecture to some
mathematics journals and see if you can get published. Writing dozens of
crankish articles about your theories about prime numbers, and tiling
triangles, and such is just plain eccentric.

(Eccentric curve cryptography?)

And basing big chunks of your argument on why 1 or 2 or whatever should or
should not be defined as prime is just plain sophistry.

Ditto for your bizarre theories about how electric fields work, about how
charges inside conducting spheres don't follow Gauss's Law, and other
crankish theories about electricity.

Give it a rest.

--Tim May

"I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, just the way the President did."