Re: Piercing anonymitiy and censorship

   Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1993 13:36:13 -0800
   From: [email protected] (Fen Labalme)

   Don't most news readers have "kill files" (sometimes known as "bozo
   filters")?  I definately prefer decentralized solutions.  Anyone mandating
   what I can and cannot read is slime (synonomous with censor), imo.

   I want to make that choice myself, thank you very nice.

I suppose that a kill file of something like ".*@remailer.site" for each
of the remailers would filter out all of the anonymous kill files.  It
still would slow down everyone news reader's, though.

And as a news admin, if someone anonymous user abuses USENET by sending
large GIF's to a newsgroup, this filling up my news spool, I (and each
individual news admin) can make the individual choice to mail each
offending anonymous news posting to the [email protected].
Is that what you meant by a decentralized solution?  :-)

							- Ted