976-OVERDOSE

Fellow Cypherpunks,

I know that some of you have lives, jobs and studies and you probably, like
me, are ofttimes overwhelmed by the sheer voluime of mail on this list.

I have a simple proposal to solve th
is problem: break the current list into topic areas.

These would include:

  anon/pseudo_cpunks   Anoymity/Pseudonymity
  remailers_cpunks     Remailer Technology
  dining_cpunks        DC Nets
  random-cpunks        Random Generators
  digimoney_cpunks     Digital Banking
  pgp_cpunks           PGP App/Current Info  <- new vers info/var. plat's
  ziplips_cpunks       Crypto-Censorship
  fweee_cpunks         Whistleblowers (The "Keith Peterson Area"?)
  physmtgs_cpunks      Physical Meetings/Conferences
<- CFP, events...

 and several more that I've forgotten, I'm sure...

We should clearly state the general thread of each topic. People could
subscribe to as many as they want to and thus dramatically reduce the amount
of mail they get on topics about which they have little or no interest.

I'm learning a lot from the list, but the sheer volume of the postings is
becoming pretty unmanageable. We seem to have a range of subspecies
developing, so it make sense to cater to them seperately.

I hope we can remedy this situation before many more people have to
unsubscribe. Most newcomers from Mondo articles, etc. should  probably be
subscribed to the <announce> list first, then maybe we could periodically
post synopses of what's available on the other topics and let them wander in
more deliberately. I hope everyone appreciates that my approach is geared
toward bringing in more quality participation and not a flurry of
curiousity-cats who dash in and out and post UNSUBSCRIBE mail to the whole
list (thus gumming things up even further).

What do you Punks think? I hope to see a comment or two about this from
people, I think it's an issue whose time has come. "An ounce of prevention os
worth a pound of cure" as they say.

  dave "verbum sat spaienti est" del torto