zip version for pgp2.2?

 * Reply to msg originally in Cypherpunks              <INET>

 BK> I just downloaded pgp22.zip from soda, and pkunzip complains about
 BK> every file having a bad checksum. I'm still using pkunzip 1.1, and I
 BK> know that pgp20 had problems with some versions of pkunzip. Do I need
 BK> to get pkunzip 2.04g?

The problem I found was that the file was not only compressed with the
2.04? PKZip, but that the -d option had been invoked to preserve a very
silly \DOC subdirectory for the documentation.  The result was that
PGP22.ZIP could not be unZIPped with _either_ version's simple PKUNZIP
command, but required the 2.04 version with the -d switch in the command
line.
   I finally got the file unZIPped, but rezipped it as a simple .ZIPfile
- without the ridiculous subdirectory - with v 1.10, which will unpack
with either version.  It's this package that I'm passing along.
   Hope this helps.

        JN

... When the going gets tough, the smart get lost.
--- Blue Wave/Opus v2.12 [NR]--
John Nieder - via FidoNet node 1:125/555
    UUCP - ...!uunet!hoptoad!kumr!fidogate!33!John.Nieder
INTERNET - [email protected]