Re: Cypherpunks know they're cool

> Hmm..... how is this alike, and how is this different, from a hardliner
> NRA saying, "We should ask people to protect themselves by wearing
> bulletproof vests, instead of trying to ban guns"?

Ted, please don't be a bonehead on purpose.  I bet you can see the
difference between some bits coming down a wire and a bullet coming
at you at 1000 feet per second.  It has to do with the level of threat
and the feasibility of protecting yourself.

> As long as we are really being freedom-loving, there's nothing we can do
> (or should _want_ to do) to get people to attend groups that allow
> anonymous posters, if they only want to travel in "real person only"
> circles.

Not true at all!  Just because I like freedom doesn't mean I shouldn't
try to convince people to act in a way that is more freedom-loving.

-- Marc Ringuette ([email protected])