REMAIL: Whence Remailers?

With the unfortunate recent forced demise of the penet.fi
remailer,  The Cypherpunks remailers now seem to be the
only holdouts.  So where do we go from here?  Is anyone
feeling intimidated yet?

Chael Hall has implemented an "--ignore--" kill line in his
remailer, which I have verified works.  I wish you other
remailer operators (except Miron Cuperman) would adopt
that hack into your own remailers.  You also might help
Chael integrate PGP into his remailer; he says he's having
problems.

Another feature I've asked for is ability to post to newsgroups
through the remailers.  With the demise of penet.fi, this becomes
more urgent.  I've been told that one can post anonymously by
using Cypherpunks remailers in conjunction with a non-anonymous
e-mail server newsgroup poster like ucbvax.berkeley.edu.

The instructions I've received say to

Send to, e.g., [email protected] to post to sci.crypt.

But what about newsgroups which contain dashes in the name, such
as "rec.video.cable-tv"; how does one encode the ucbvax address
for those.  Anyone who knows, please post or send e-mail.

But adding code to the current remailers to post instead of
mail by using say,

  ::
  Request-Reposting-To:  [newsgroup]

should be pretty easy, shouldn't it??

--
[email protected] (Edgar W. Swank)
SPECTROX SYSTEMS +1.408.252.1005  Silicon Valley, Ca