NY Times Fears C'punks

> > Big Brother is dead. The only serious likelihood of his resurrection
> > lies in reaction to the chaos and disintegration that an era of Little
> > Brothers might bring.
>
> Is this the NYT being out of touch, or are they just showing off their
> tentaclehood?  To me, that reads like a threat against those who oppose
> the Government Private Agenda.

No, I wouldn't say that.  What they're predicting there is that the
massive state will die, smaller groups and cults (ala the Assassins)
will replace it with non-territorial based fighting, and that the
reaction to the abuses of the smaller groups and cults will cause a
popular demand for a resurrection of the big Brother-style govt.

It's an interesting thought, but I don't see that Big Brother is on
his deathbed, which is their starting premise.