Re: AIDs testing and privacy

At 03:19 PM 9/7/94 -0700, Jamie Lawrence wrote:

>Another example- A Lyndon LaRouche type could get elected.
>(I personally don't have enough faith in the Folk At Large
>not to hand someone like that power) "Starting tomorrow,
>all Hawiian Citizen Units will begin moving to the mainland.
>Some of the smaller islands have been cleared, and HIV+
>units are being relocated as this address is being broadcast..."

Obviously, privacy is more important in a totalitarian society but those
sorts of social arrangements have become less likely since markets would
largely prevent their development.  Capital flight and punishingly high
interest rates would squash any developed country that tried the
totalitarian route these days.  They couldn't afford it.

DCF