Re: Al Gore's home page

>>> Why can't politicians stay away from stuff they don't understand?
>>> Because that would mean that they have to stay away from everything.

*Grin*

>>I would be much more frightened if they did fully understand.

Yep..."Never attribute to malice..." and all that.

>Actually, what's frightened me the most about this administration is
>that they have half a clue;  And they seem to be willing to learn, if
>only by making mistakes that affect the rest of us.

>Gore's always kept up on technical issues, but hasn't actually lived
>them, and that's the problem: the routine use of the technology changes
>your POV far more than reading the specs.

It looks like the work of a "Kristian 'Kris' Chubb", rather than Al Gore,
but check out:

  http://www.npr.gov/

it's got several pictures of Gore (sitting at a computer with his ultra
serious expression, no less), and a voice intro by him.

(sunsite.unc.edu seems to not be answering if you cannot follow some links)

-philip

Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix      fnord       [email protected]

"Relying on the government to protect your privacy is like asking a peeping
tom to install your window blinds." -John Perry Barlow, EFF co-founder