Re: AIDs testing and privacy

Mats Bergstrom says:
> Actually, this points to a potential problem for anarchic societies.
> Suppose that HIV would spread by airborne droplets, like the flu.
> Then measures of isolation, like those stated here, would seem very
> adequate. But could such measures be taken without strong government?

We don't have to imagine fatal illnesses spread by casual
contact. We've had plenty of experience with such diseases even into
this century -- polio, tuberculosis, and the like -- and government
did a lousy job with them. I'm not sure market based mechanisms would
necessarily do extremely well, but I do know that the alternatives
aren't so amazing as to make me pine for them.

.pm