Re: Quick item re cellular encryption

SafeCall 617 330 8890

Cellular Privacy Unit attaches to the mothpeice & earpeice of your
phone, uses variable split band inversion. The cost, depending on the
phone, is about $599 one coming out for Motorola flip phones, might be
more ($699).

2 modes of operation:
call 1 800 number
checks customer, gives dial tone
$25 activation $ 5/month .75/minute anywwhere in the US + airtime from
your celular carrier.  In this mode, you connect to their system, get
decrypted, sent out on their phone lines to the other end.  Incoming
voice gets 'encryted' and sent to you.

or

buy two units, bypass their system.

They also make a fax unit.

Seems that $600 only buys you a little bit of on-air security.  When I
asked about the possibility of using real encryption, she said that they
might, but couldn't give me any firm commitments.  I've asked for their
literature, and will pass on if it has anything more interesting.

Adam