Crackdown in Queensland, Australia?

When I saw the Sunday Mail post here on Queensland's prpposed crackdown on
cyberspace (for _child pornography_ if you please! I hereby decree that a
concerted effort must be made by all to increase the pedophile population of
the Net from 97% to 100% - universal coverage. All new subscribers must provide
oridinal photographs as evidence of their tendencies before being given a
connection), I thought I'd ask Ian Peter himself.

Ian Peter, who is quoted in the article and whom I met in February, replied:

> Re the Qld stuff - there really are no firm details yet, its proposed
> legislation and may well change before becoming law - and the journos
> concerned are going on rumnours because no copies of the legislation are
> available yet.
>
> So it's wait and see!
>
> [... Ian Peter]

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh             "Clean the air! clean the sky! wash the wind!
[email protected]                   take stone from stone and wash them..."
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA