Re: e$: Multi-Industry Coalition Framework - NII (fwd)

Robert Hettinga says:
> Thought you folks would want to see this...
>
> >PRESS RELEASE
> >
> >FOR IMMEDIATE REALEASE  CONTACT: Charles N. Brownstein
> >September 12, 1994       703-620-8990
> >
> >MULTI-INDUSTRY COALITION SETS TECHNICAL FRAMEWORK
> >FOR THE NATIONAL INFORMATION INFRASTRUCTURE

I just read this document online -- it is one of the most remarkably
clueless pieces of trash I've seen. I could have written better in two
hours. This "white paper", obviously written by someone with minimal
technical knowledge of how cryptographic money transfer systems could
work, contains virtually no details and only "gee, wouldn't it be nice
ifs", many of which are braindead.

I'm glad to know that Al Gore is praising it, though.

Feh.

.pm