Re: art encryption...

Lile Elam wrote:
> So, I have been thinking that a way an artist can insure a viewer that
> the art they are viewing is really that of the artist, the artist can
> *sign* their art with their private key and others can check it with
> their public key.  Now, the art would be factered into the key
> generated that others would check with the public key.
> But it would be interesting to find if you think this is possible.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't you just use the detached
signature option of pgp?  "pgp -sb file" will created a signature file
that is seperate from the document (named file.asc by default, I'm
pretty sure); later, the file and your public key can be used to
verify the signature!

--
Karl L. Barrus: [email protected]
2.3: 5AD633;   D1 59 9D 48 72 E9 19 D5  3D F3 93 7E 81 B5 CC 32