Public key/3DES datastream software over WAN Bastions

Has anyone produced software (preferably Unix based) that provides
a public key authenticated, DES/3DES encrypted datastream over WAN
firewalls/bastions?

A typical use would be to connect transaction feeds between two data
centers in a secure, automated way over Internet.

I can't see anything conceptually difficult with it, and it seems the
PGP library could be used to create simple Unix daemons.

sdw
--
Stephen D. Williams  Local Internet Gateway Co.; SDW Systems 510 503-9227APager
LIG dev./sales       Internet: [email protected]  In Bay Area Aug94-Feb95!!!