Re: National Research Council

>Is it me or are there a disproportionate amount of legal/government/military/
>types on this list?  Keeping this in mind, do you really think any of our
>comments will go anywhere but in the old circular file?

My thoughts exactly. The committee's classification/clearance policy
was undoubtedly intended to skew its membership much more than to
protect any legitimate government secret. After all, they're supposed
to be discussing openly available civilian encryption technologies.

Funny how the most obvious, no-brainer public policy questions always
seem to generate the most controversy...

Phil