[Fwd: Re: Code Review Guidelines (draft)]

unsubcribe [email protected]

Hi,

>     Much better, look at rfc822.  (I wouldn't consider *anything* that
> has the word "sendmail" in it a good reference).

its much better if you dont rely on the content of the string at all. Dont
use sh -c or system and you will be save. Simply asume that all characters
are valid in user suplied strings and treat them exactly that way... If they
need to be exporeted then unfortunately they need to be 'untainted' and this
should be done by positive not negative lists as mentioned in the
guidelines.

Greetings
Bernd

PS: I have collected the references on