Re: a hole in PGP

>It is definitely much more difficult to implant a backdoor into a program
>which is available as source code than into a black box.
>
>BTW: Has anyone ever found a modified and weakened version of pgp ?

Not that I know of, but there were some versions with a bug in the random-input
generation - I forget if that was with ~2.2 or ~2.6.0; Colin Plumb had something
to do with it.  I've recently acquired ViaCrypt 2.7.1 for WinDows, and one
nice feature
is that in addition to typing in random keystrokes, you can click your mouse in
a box and wave it around to input randomness.
#---
#                                Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, Freelance Information Architect, [email protected]
# Phone +1-510-247-0664 Pager/Voicemail 1-408-787-1281
#---
# Crypto in 3-4 lines of perl --> http://dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/