Re: US vs Overseas Banks

On Tue, 1 Aug 1995, Robert A. Hayden wrote:

> It's interesting to note that where I am (Mankato, Minnesota) I was able
> to open a checking account with NO ID what so ever.  I just wrote down a
> name and address (which is a P.O. box, BTW) and the next wee I had a box
> of checks (free) and a ATM card (also free).
>
> Of course, this bank has been criticized for being somewhat lax on who
> they give accounts to, but the point still stands.  I could have been
> anybody, and give any false address.  *shrug*

Why should they give a damn who you are?  IMO, it's none of their
business.  Hell, they're making $$$ on *your* deposits, it's time they
stopped being such shits about it.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			[email protected], [email protected]
801/534-8857 voicemail			801/460-1883 digital pager

Q.	What's the trouble with writing an MS-DOS program to emulate Clinton?
A.	Figuring out what to do with the other 639K of memory.