Re: SSLeay - Whats the story...

On Thu, 3 Aug 1995, Jason Weisberger wrote:
> Maybe I miss it, but when did this arrive?  Is anyone testing it?

I started writting the library back at the start or april.
It has been available for ftp for a month or 2 now but I'm still working
on it.  I have only mentioned it on a few mailing lists and am holding
off its anouncment on sci.crypt until we have the windows 3.1 DLL working
fully (well, we have it working now but I'm still cleaning things up a
bit :-).  It even compiles under DOS :-)

It is a free (for comercial and non-comercial use) complete
implementation of netscapes SSL v 2.  The SSL part of the library is
quite small, most of the rest is support routines for the x509
environment. I have routines for DES (my libdes library), RC4, IDEA, RSA,
MD2, MD5.  I have support routines to generate RSA private keys and I
have programs to generate, and certify x509 certificates.
Tim Hudson has put SSL in ftp, telnet, Moasic, httpd etc.  These patches
are available from the same ftp site.
For those in the USA, you can build to use RSAref and can build with RC4
and or IDEA removed.

All code in this 'library' has been written by me from publicaly
available material.  Documentation of the non SSL part is quite small
since I have mostly been coding and nearly all of this work has been done
outside of my normal work hours.

People have been using the library quite a bit, and we can interoperate
with netscape secure servers and their clients (if we have a certificate
signed by netscape).

Have a play and please send me any comments :-)

http://www.psy.uq.oz.au/~ftp/Crypto/
ftp://ftp.psy.uq.oz.au/pub/Crypto/SSL/
ftp://ftp.psy.uq.oz.au/pub/Crypto/SSLapps/

eric

--
Eric Young                  | Signature removed since it was generating
AARNet: [email protected]    | more followups that the message contents :-)