Re: Bet e$ on how long it will take for PGPFone to make it overseas!

On Sun, 13 Aug 1995, Lucky Green wrote:

> To loosen up the often so serious discussions on the list, I propose a
> little game. PGPFone's release is about a week away. PRZ is trying his
> hardest to keep it from being exported. Still, I have the feeling that
> some irresponsible cyphercriminal will break US law and export PGPFone
> anyway. Let us bet cyberbucks on how long it will take for this crime to
> happen. Here is my initial offer:
>
> I bet e$50 that PGPFone will have been exported 24 hours after its final
> release has been announced to this list. Who is willing to take the bet?
> Perhaps someone is willing to bet at less time?
>
> Have fun,

This is a sucker bet ... more appropriate would be that you bet it will
take longer than X amount of time. Verification would be tricky too.

-Mike

*       Mike Bailey                     (hm)214-252-3915                 *
*       AT&T Capital Corporation.       (wk)214-456-4510                 *
*       email [email protected]       host bambam.computek.net         *
*   "Remember you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish -Joe Walsh"   *
*                http://www.computek.net/public/bailey                   *