Re: Phone call for Mr. Doligez, was Re: SSL challenge -- broken !

> I don't think that there is any serious worry for Netscape. Their
> security is fine-- it's just crippled by the US Government. They
> could probably start distributing binary versions of their software
> that used full 128 bit keys in several hours. It's just that the
> Government gets pissed off about these things.

I have to agree, Netscape may spend some energy to upgrade their
encryption, but it really won't buy them all that much.   SSL, to me, is
like using a "security envelope" to mail cash or putting the club on your
car.  It presents just enough of an obstacle to keep honest people honest.

[email protected]
http://www.qtime.com/~jweis