Re: SSL challenge -- broken !

Joe Buck writes:
> However, I disagree with your conclusion:
>
> > Don't trust your credit card number to this protocol.
>
> Your credit card number, expiration date, etc, are continually being
> revealed to minimum-wage clerks all the time, unless you never use the
> card.

On the other hand, those clerks can be traced down in most cases and
have fairly limited numbers of cards they get. It might be very
profitable to run a vacuum cleaner operation on the net slurping down
credit card number or other confidential information and then selling
it in bulk to people who could exploit it.

.pm