[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SSL CHALLENGE: Can't search with Win32 client!
The process seems to be from our admittedly thick-fingered experimentation to
be as follows:
1) start the client
2) insert the server in the server edit box "sksp.brute.cl.cam.ac.uk"
3) put 19957 in the port edit box
4) push the update button.
5) Select Hal Finney's SSL 2nd Challenge from the drop box
6) Push the update button again
7) request a small number of key segments (1-10)
8) Select the returned keys and then push the Search button
9) Fill out the dialog box and let the search proceed.
At this point your computer is checking keys.
To view the progress Select options from the menu
the select view searches...
You will see the progress in a seperate dialog box.
This is my understanding.
On Aug 24, 3:40pm, Peter Trei wrote:
> Subject: Re: SSL CHALLENGE: Can't search with Win32 client!
> > I've got some keyspace, from various projects and test projects on the
> > server, but no matter what key range I select, I can't get the Search
> > button to be active (not greyed out).
> > Anybody else getting this?
> > Joe
> I did. If you look at 'properties' you'll probably find the data needs
> updating. click up 'update' to do this. It now seems to be working form
> Now if only I could get the 'search status' window to tell me something...
> Peter Trei
Duncan J Watson Email:[email protected]
Tech Support Manager/Sys Admin Ph#: +1 212 564 5678
Aladdin Software Security Inc Fax#: +1 212 564 3377
:::finger [email protected] for PGP key::: http://www.hasp.com/