Re: server congestion?

| The design of the prtotocol assumes a hierarchy -- maybe in the next attempt.

Ok, neat. I was merely thinking of a simple static partitioning of it
right now.

| but there are problems with acking to the right server, deciding which to
| contact, etc.

I was rather thinking of a simplistic solution right now, looking in
the log of active calculators, roughly dividing them up into two
similarly sized groups etc. But I guess this isn't as easy as I
thought it would be.

| > Another thing that might decrease the load on the server
| > is if we start allocating more blocks at a time, lets
| > say 2-4 blocks each time. Wouldn't that help?
|
| I think most of the load is "HELO COMM QUIT" clients.
| Yes -- we had thought of upping the allocation ....

Ok.

/Christian