Mixmaster Questions

Is there an automated way I can keep my PUBRING.MIX and TYPE2.LIST
files updated automatically?  (I'd prefer to be able to "finger"
them from somewhere and redirect the results into a file.)  Also,
does anyone do a periodic "ping" of Mixmaster remailers to make sure
they're up and running?  I only run Mixmaster as a client, and not
as a remailer, and I'd like a way to make sure I don't send a
message to the bitbucket by accidentally chaining it through a
"dead" remailer.

Also, what is the latest version of Mixmaster?

Thanks.