US Communications Decenty Act (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 12:30:09 GMT
From: Jon Davidson <[email protected]>
Subject: US Communications Decenty Act

On Thu, 25 Jul 1996 09:16:09 -0500, [email protected] (Jon
Davidson) wrote:

Hi and Hello!

[snipped]

I am a second year computer science student at the University of
Manitoba, here in Winnipeg, Canada.  I am writing a term paper for a course
entitled Professional Practices in Computer Science.  The course entails
various issues such as ethics, privacy, legal issues, etc.

The subject of my paper is the US Communications Decency Act.
Specifically, has the act had an affect on either safer sex/AIDS
information pages or the online gay/lesbian community.

I would be most interested in hearing from good folks like you about
how this act (or the threat of this act) has had an impact or how you feel
about the act.

Thanks so very much!  Hope to hear from you, and thanks for reading
this post. :)

*******    I am Jon Davidson at [email protected]       *******
 *****        or http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umdavi73          *****
  ***    "... then they came for me, and by that time no one     ***
   *     was left to speak up."   -- Pastor Martin Niemoller      *