Re: Suggest splitting things up

Sure Eric,

I'm on SCO unix (i.e. non compatible with everyone else - I cant even
get perl running yet), I've added the following lines to my .maildelivery

To	[email protected]	|	A	inews -0 -a list -n list.cypherpunks
Cc	[email protected]	|	A	inews -0 -a list -n list.cypherpunks
Apparently-To	[email protected]	|	A	inews -0 -a list -n list.cypherpunks

This catches the three most common address headers, unfortunately the
mailing list at cypherpunks doesnt behave like a well-behaved reflecter
should and put its own address in the header (most would add "Sender:
[email protected]")

All this does is pipe messages that match the headers into inews with the args
following. Those args are:

-0	An extension I added, which makes inews always return 0 (otherwise
	our braindead delivery agent "mmdf" cycles forever trying to deliver
	bad messages and creating a HUGE dead.article.
-a list	Add an "Approved: list" line so that inews will post it to a moderated
	newsgroup
-n list.cypherpunks	Stick it in the newsgroup "list.cypherpunks"

list.cypherpunks is set up moderated, with the moderater being
[email protected]

Happy gatewaying, if someone has a better way of doing this then let me
know.

- Mitra

--
Mitra                                                  [email protected]
Technical Director, Pandora Systems                    (415)488-0944