No Subject

Karl said:

> Also, p and q should differ in length by a few digits otherwise
> an enemy may begin to try factoring n by starting near sqrt(n).

When PGP generates keys doesn't it always pick d and e to have
the same number of bits, ie 446 for the strongest type?

Is this the same thing?

I suppose that if you are allowed leading 0s it isn't a problem
at all, but if the first couple of bits were ones in each key, (a
16:1 chance) wouldn't that significantly reduce the power
required to factor the PK using this approach?

Just a thought,

Jim