TEMPEST

> There are plenty of other government conspiracies to focus on ! This one
> seems a bit lame.

Our government should not be our opponent when we try to find out how
to provide high levels of privacy for ourselves, our computers, and
our communications.

Ignoring that, yes, TEMPEST doesn't look like a deep dark conspiracy.
It's legal to shield your equipment and probably legal to export it (if
you didn't use the classified TEMPEST specifications in building it,
but reverse engineered them yourself).  The government is not our enemy
here (like it *is* our enemy in the drug war), but it isn't our friend
either.

	John Gilmore