Re: Remailer Policies

>The anonymous mailing system at pax has the following policy:
>
>  - A log of activities of the remailing software is maintained when
>    debugging is in progress (often) which could be used to correlate
>    real identities with aliases - this is no more or less information
>    than is available in the alias database which is not visible to
>    anyone except the root user. Message-id's are NOT stored in this log,
>    and the contents of messages and posts are NOT stored anywhere, nor
>    are they scrutinized by me or anyone else. I don't care and I don't
>    want to know. If someone does something unreasonable and I get
>    complaints then I could lock out a particular source of mail if
>    I didn't get a good explanation, but I am not going to go reading
>    other peoples mail in order to censor it !

I keep logs on content and origin on my three remailers.  I do read the
logs.  However, I would not censor any transmissions.  I would stop
accepting mail from a site given enough reasonable complaints.

>  - Under no circumstance short of being arrested and/or the equipment
>    commandeered by someone else will the alias database be divulged
>    or the contents or routes of messages deliberately intercepted.

Dido for me.  I would make an attempt to destroy all of my data if an
attempt were made to take the equipment or access the data by a government
or other agency.