Re: possible solution to the anonymous...

David Clunie says:
> > RSA has a patent on their algorithm.  It's quite likely that I can't
> > even create a key pair without their permission, let alone use it.
>
> I am not familiar with the legal status of patents and software packages,
> but it seems to me that they can sell you a program and license you to
> use it, but forcing you to use one of their key servers instead of your
> own seems pretty far fetched.

Anyway, RSADSI released RSAREF toolkit free for non-commercial use.
RIPEM (with RSAREF bundled in :-) allows you to create as many key
pairs as your soul wishes.   And surprise,  you are allowed to use
them...

So let's face real problems, rather than RSA patent (which hopefully
will expire by itself :-).
--
Regards,
Uri         [email protected]      scifi!angmar!uri 	N2RIU

From cypherpunks-request  Fri Jan 15 15:51:35 1993