Who Me? Paranoid? Naaaah...

Hmmmm...

I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't someday be able to run public email
in a sort of "parallel universe," an entirely separate mail system complete
with built-in RSA encryption on every piece of mail. That way, we would no
longer rely on the Internet, which, unless I am completely off the mark,
basically still exists at the pleasure of ARPA and could be completely
infiltrated and controlled by the NSA for all we know.

Along similar lines, has anyone heard the latest status on the gigabytes of
email generated by the Bush White House which are currently in danger of
being erased before anyone can get a peek at them? Imagine the damning
evidence that exists in those documents! I had heard something about a
voluntary freeze on the erasure until the matter can be decided in some
Federal Court, but that strikes me like suing your local City Government in
Municipal Court after being hit by a Municipal Bus - Bush's cronies will
probably invoke some executive priviledge and weasel off with 'em. I wonder
if such stuff will ever be released under the Freedom of Information Act
(probably not in our lifetimes, but just the threat would make me happy)?
Hey, a guy can _dream_ can't he?

  dave