Re: public privacy, NSA resources

> >Another aside. The NCSC is essentially a front for the NSA.
> >NCSC exists but has no more than two employees, one is the
> >secretary to an NSA official.
>
> Extremely interesting. What  does NCSC stand for?

 tadpole 11 whois -h nic.ddn.mil ncsc.mil.
 National Computer Security Center (NCSC-DOM1)
    9800 Savage Road
    Fort George G. Meade, MD 20755-6000

Fort Meade *is* the main NSA campus.

docmaster.arpa (nee: docmaster.ncsc.mil) is one of the infamous Internet
spook hangouts.  :-)

> I am doubtful of the 40,000 figure even with contract employees. That's
> a small army. What the hell could keep that many people busy? (shudder)

You should take a look at the campus sometime, its big.  Lots of
big-sheilded buildings.  Lots of big satellite antennas.  I have no
trouble accepting the 40k figure, it is, after all a bureaucracy.

Jim