This list...

>From: Phiber Optik <[email protected]>

>I'm not one to overlook the obvious.  Is it desireable that any Tom, Dick, or
>Harry can telnet to toad's SMTP port, and use the sendmail expand command to
>list everyone on this mailing list?

Welcome to TCP/IP. You've told us what most of us already know. (By
the way, its the SMTP EXPN command, not the "sendmail" one, as
sendmail is just one MTA -- there are many other implementations). The
whole point of this list is to develop techniques to ensure privacy --
most of us understand that there isn't much right now.

Perry