Crypto goals

Y'know, just defining "what we should want" is one of the biggest
challenges in moving towards the next generation of crypto.  How
about making a list of features we want, and/or a list of scenarios
we want to be able to handle?

Uncontroversial features:
    message privacy
    message anonymity
    message untraceability
    digital cash
    digital time stamps

More difficult/controversial features:
    message invisibility [e.g. in low bits of video signal]
    untraceable access to databases [just anonymous email?]
    electronic black markets [just electronic cash and anonymous email?]
    electronic voting
    m-of-n trust schemes
    time-delay messages [are they useful?]
    executable but non-disassemblable code [is it possible?]
    tagging / un-tagging of copyrighted text [what is possible?]
       [explanation to follow in another message ]

I know how to take a crack at implementing all of these except the last
two, but would benefit from better theoretical and practical work on
all of them.  Most of them are obviously useful, and scenarios come
easily to mind.

Have I missed anything?

-- Marc Ringuette ([email protected])