Re: toad.com mailing list postings from possible virus authors

> From: [email protected] (Keith Petersen - MACA WSMR)
> Content-Type> : > text>
>
> John, by quoting and reposting without my permission, my private
> message to you to a public mailing list you have violated the Federal
> Communications Privacy Act of 1986.
>
>                PUBLIC LAW 99-508--OCT. 21, 1986
>
>         TITLE II--STORED WIRE AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICA-
>             TIONS AND TRANSACTIONAL RECORDS ACCESS
>
> ss. 2702. Disclosure of contents
>
>      "(a) Prohibitions.--Except as provided in subsection (b)--
>           "(1) a person or entity providing an electronic
>      communication service to the public shall not knowingly
>      divulge to any person or entity the contents of a
>      communication while in electronic storage by that service;
>      and
>           "(2) a person or entity providing remote computing
>      service to the public shall not knowingly divulge to any
>      person or entity the contents of any communication which
>      is carried or maintained on that service--
>                "(A) on behalf of, and received by means of
>           electronic transmission from (or created by means of
>           computer processing of communications received by
>           means of electronic transmission from), a subscriber
>           or customer of such service; and
>           "(B) solely for the purposed of providing storage or
>           computer processing services to such subscriber or
>           customer, if the provider is not authorized to access
>           the contents of any such communications for purposes
>           of providing any services other than storage or
>           computer processing.

Keith,
	Maybe you should read more carefully...

>      "(b) Exceptions.-- A person or entity may divulge the
> contents of a communication--
>           "(1) to an addressee or intended recipient of such
>      communication or an agent of such addressee or intended
>      recipient;
>           "(2) as otherwise authorized in section 2516,
>      2511(2)(1) , or 2703 of this title;
>           "(3) with the lawful consent of the originator or an
>      addressee or intended recipient of such communication, or
>      the subscriber in the case of remote computing service;

I think John is the "intended recipient of such communication"
as I am also an "intended recipient" of this communication
from you, which I will post to cypherpunks so others can see
what kind of person you are.  If your intention is to "threaten"
with this kind of foolishness, then I must warn you, I consider
this type of behavior harassment due to the confrontive nature of
your post.  Let it go on record that I don't expect to be harassed,
intimidated or "threatened" and I think the Internet rules are
VERY clear about this type of behavior.

				Geoff White (GW67)
				[email protected]