Proposal - The 'Peterson.mil' Virus List

Yo, Punks

I propose that we establish another list dedicated to the study of viruses
and name it after Keith Peterson. After all, why shouldn't he get some credit
for awakening a sleeping giant?

I want to know more about viruses so I can protect myself from
government-created viruses and so I can learn about the various mechanisms
involved.

In addition, the study of self-promulagting code has very positive
implications for the study of "smart email." For those of you who haven't
been following the exploits of General Magic and their Telescript protocol,
there will soon be mail which "delivers itself" to the right location. I'm
sure our members at General Magic can illuminate this subject further. The
implications of this technology reach into the world of encryption and
viruses and certainly further into the realm of privacy discussions.

Wot say, all?

   d2t