Newbie comments.

I've been listening to this list quietly for about 2 weeks. Althought the
signal to noize ration as been a bit low lately, ;^) it's been very interesting.

I like the idea of alt.whistle.blowers, and support anything that promotes
privacy, and Constitutional rights.

But I have a (newbie?) question.  Isn't it true that, at the network level, it
is still possible to tell where a message came from and where it's going.  That
is, given the proper motivation, couldn't "and entity" sniff out all of this
information and find out which machine a particular message came from.  And
from logs at that machine, which The Entity  naturally has access to, It could
find out who send the message.  Just wondering.....

Major suggestion:  We need a FAQ!

Well, that's about it.  I'm still trying to get up to speed with pgp.

| J. Michael Diehl ;-) |  I thought I was wrong once.  But, I was mistaken. |
| [email protected]| "I'm just looking for the opportunity to be        |
| Thunder@forum        |            Politically Incorrect!                  |
| (505) 299-2282       |                        <me>                        |