Re: You Aren't [I'm Not]

    Date: Wed, 3 Mar 93 12:41:48 -0500
    From: Theodore Ts'o <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: You Aren't [I'm Not]

                                                  ... I don't believe in
    prior restraint; but I do believe in personal responsibility ...

    ... in this model, how can you provide personal responsibility?

ted, when you say you favor personal responsibility, do you mean
"i am in favor of people acting responsibly," which i take to be the
sense of the first quote, or do you mean "i want there to be a way to
hold people responsible for their actions," which i take to be the
meaning of the second?

(i favor the former, but am undecided about the latter.  not that
anyone asked ...)

    peter

ps:  pardon my wild excerpting; i hope it doesn't obscure.