Re: ANON: Sysadmin Policies at Universities (and HS)

>If you want to have such a thing to call "your account" you're welcome
>to plunk down some $$$, buy a machine, get yerself a network link, and
>remail to your heart's content.  If I were another CS student at UB, I
>would be bummed if the scarce (by your account, and by most others at
>universities) cycles I needed to get my homework done were being given
>away to folks all over the world via a remailer.

Hmmm.. Unless you guys in the states get third level education for free you've
*already* plunked down some $$$ as course fees. I would assume that a portion
of the fees for an IT related course would be applied to purchase/upkeep of the
relevant kit.

IMHO the attitude of educational establishments which can border on the
paranoid whenever they come across usage of "their" systems which isn't typical
is very similar to the classic model of the commercial DP gruppenfuhrer... Both
can be regarded as empire-builders..

Stephen