Re: HIDE: embedding msgs into snd & graphics

> I think color images, as opposed to mapped, would be the way to go
> for steganography.  More room, and nobody expects them to compress.

Yeah; but even if we're talking full 24-bit images, we're going to have
problems.  Once 24-bit displays become standard, I really doubt that
there will be many images stored in a non-lossy format.  And once
you try to hide data in a lossy encoding scheme, you run into a
lot (though not all) of the problems you have with colormaps.

It would be a lot easier to hide data in an image if one had a control-image
(the original) as well as the altered-image (the one holding the message),
but this defeats half the niftiness of trying to do things this way.

>    Eli   [email protected]

    -J.