Re: Cypher: Subject naming proposal

Several years ago I wrote a UNIX utility that splits my incoming mail
(directly from the spool) into files based on the To: and Cc: fields.
I can specify the various mailing lists to which I subscribe in the
shell script, with all others going to a file named "other".

This way I can give higher priority to the mail that names me specifically
as a recipient, and put off the mailing lists for later. And I can use
any conventional mailer (like Mail) to read the split files.

Phil