Re: Many Important Items in the News

I agree. It's time to take mail anonymity into the mainstream. There
are plenty of legitimate reasons for anonymity, as the Caller ID
debate shows.

I think an enlightened approach that eschews a single, network-wide
policy on the acceptability of anonymous messages in favor of leaving
it up to the individual email recipient is something that we could
sell to the Internet as a whole. We shouldn't have to treat this as a
confrontational either-or issue when there's a third way out that
balances everybody's interests.

Phil