Re: REMAIL: cypherpunks strategy

I just got around to Greg Broiles interesting note where he describes
his practice of using several account names. He feels apologetic about it.
Authors have used pen-names for a long time without opprobrium.
The mathematician Eric Temple Bell wrote science fiction under the pen name
"John Taine". Several authors have written different styles of works,
one pen name per style. As I understand the law there is nothing illegal
in using an alias as long as the purpose is not fraud, which is already
illegal. One must protect the reputation of each alias.
Where aliases are common negative reputations loose their bite but the
benefits of positive reputations provide incentives for good behavior.